Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Monkey's Paw (T)

You come across a withered old monkey's paw. The middle finger sticks straight out at you, and you'd be insulted if not for the literary knowledge you'd gained in grade school: this motherfucker could grant you your greatest wish! There's always a catch though, isn't there?

What do you wish for?

(OOC: wanted something simpler, having a hard time lately and need the juices to get flowing. Please keep in mind that the ironic twist is a thing and thus I advise against wishing for anything that might leave you deeply triggered even if you really really want it unless you feel emotionally prepared for that thing to somehow fuck with you. Thanks!)

Ari grasps the paw in both hands, closing her eyes and drawing in a deep breath, whishing with all her heart for this to work. "I want... to get fucked...".

(10-28-2022, 06:13 PM)Queen_Ari Wrote: Ari grasps the paw in both hands, closing her eyes and drawing in a deep breath, whishing with all her heart for this to work. "I want... to get fucked...".

The monkey paw's finger curls. A strong gust of wind blows against your back. The breeze feels nice, almost magical... until you realize it was covering up the sound of someone running by you to steal your wallet right out of your pocket. You call out as you begin to move to make pursuit, but find yourself falling to the ground, having tripped over your own tangled shoelaces. As you lie on the ground stunned, a rat runs out from under a dumpster and, to the theoretical delight of scientists everywhere, points and laughs at you, eyes boggling in glee, before it takes your lunch out from a bag you'd been carrying home.

As you look up through tear-soaked eyes, you see the finger lift back up to flip you off.

Horny Points: 350

Spritz stared at the monkey's paw, absolutely dubious of the whole scenario. Even a regular Monkey's Paw relic was temperamental, and this one looked EXTRA spiteful.

Still...

There wasn't really much of a choice to be made. Passing the cursed wish off to someone ran the risk of drastically dire consequences. It would be best to make the wish here and now. Something broad and beneficial, yet with low risk of perversion of intent.

After thinking for a moment, Spritz made his decision.

He picked up the paw, held it to his forehead, and closed his eyes.

"I wish.... I wish that every homeless person will eventually find their way into stable lifestyles."

The last finger slowly closed with a crinkle, and Spritz hoped things would change for the better.
Thumbs Up
You're doing your best, and that's awesome.

(10-28-2022, 07:53 PM)General Spritz Wrote: Spritz stared at the monkey's paw, absolutely dubious of the whole scenario. Even a regular Monkey's Paw relic was temperamental, and this one looked EXTRA spiteful.

Still...

There wasn't really much of a choice to be made. Passing the cursed wish off to someone ran the risk of drastically dire consequences. It would be best to make the wish here and now. Something broad and beneficial, yet with low risk of perversion of intent.

After thinking for a moment, Spritz made his decision.

He picked up the paw, held it to his forehead, and closed his eyes.

"I wish.... I wish that every homeless person will eventually find their way into stable lifestyles."

The last finger slowly closed with a crinkle, and Spritz hoped things would change for the better.

For weeks, life seemed pretty normal. It was only when walking home today something started to seem off.

Certainly, it seemed like there were a lot of oddly large buildings being constructed, and you were curious about the entire affair when full bales of hay started arriving in town. Sure, some folks had been sleeping in them, rolling in the hay both literally and figuratively, a couple even eating it, but that was just human nature.

But then the hay went into the barns, and the people followed. They let other people ride on them. They started racing each other while onlookers placed bets.

It would take a while for your words to come back to you, for you to realize your mistake. So long, in fact, that by the time you do you've had rent issues of your own, and have heard the siren's call of the stables singing your name.

Horny Points: 50

Mark looked at the paw with slight amusement that this ended up being the last finger, but after giving it some pondering, you began to think of possible wishes, knowing full well that it would end up badly no matter what it is. After figuring that someone else could get hurt if they found this thing, and just wanting to see how it would react to this, Mark looks firmly at the middle finger and says, "I wish this wish won't be granted."
Sona's: Mark

(10-28-2022, 09:08 PM)Fiery bird Wrote: Mark looked at the paw with slight amusement that this ended up being the last finger, but after giving it some pondering, you began to think of possible wishes, knowing full well that it would end up badly no matter what it is. After figuring that someone else could get hurt if they found this thing, and just wanting to see how it would react to this, Mark looks firmly at the middle finger and says, "I wish this wish won't be granted."

The monkey's paw sits neglected in its place. Mark's wish was never granted, because Mark's wish was never made. You cannot make a wish, after all, if you never existed to begin with.

Horny Points: 0
Deaths +1